Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
A successful administrative assistant resume must highlight your achievements with quantifiable examples of the results you provided for your former employer. It is highly important to accentuate your past experience by illustrating the skills you gained along the way.
Regardless of the level of the position you are applying for, be it an entry level administrative assistant resume, executive administrative assistant resume or senior administrative assistant resume, the main basic rules apply. You should always concentrate on offering a specific example of your skills that will help the employer get to know you.
A key thing to consider when you are building or updating your perfect resume is the set of administrative assistant resume skills required that you need to cover. Make sure your resume is relevant and avoid including a lot of unnecessary or redundant information for the sake of having a ten-page resume that no one is likely to read.
In our next section, you will find a set of useful recommendations you should go through before starting the task of creating your resume administrative assistant. After you read this section, be sure to check out our two different administrative assistant resume samples and choose the one that fits best with your profile, style, experience, and skills. How you use our functional template and include the keywords mentioned below is then up to you!
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 1
- 712 Sunset Street, Tampa, Florida
- (004) 332-1935
Highly-trained and experienced in providing professional administrative support to a variety of sectors in similar job activities or positions.
Responsible, with over 3 years of experience in the field of administration, and an outstanding inclination to working with complex data. Able to successfully handle increasingly difficult responsibilities, proficiency in using specific job-related software (MS Office, Database, Access). Proven ability to deal with and resolve incoming calls, as well as complaints.
- Organizing Meetings
- Managing Inventories
- Handling phone calls
- Managing Files
- Solving Travel Arrangements
- Managing Databases
- Processing Payrolls
- Performing Front Desk Duties
- Managed to save $10,000 in company expenses by researching and efficiently organizing travel arrangements
- Leading the organization of a successful international event dedicated to marketing and consisting of over 150 guests and professionals in the field
- Contributed to the increase in customer satisfaction by 25% by leading customer service courses to former staff members
- Increased the efficiency and costs of database managing by introducing the latest database organizing and managing software
MAXWELL, Tampa, FL
Administrative Assistant, 9/2014 to 6/2016
- Conduct and perform organizing, filing and cataloging tasks for all data and document files
- Organize and manage meetings, conferences and team building events for over 100 employees and partners
- Deal with travel arrangements for executive managers and partners and ensure their comfort throughout the experience
- Create and maintain weekly calendar and diary in order to assist with setting up and organizing future events such as conferences and gatherings
- Write and present periodical reports, summary letters and professional business templates
SMITH&CO, Tampa, FL
Receptionist, 3/2010 to 8/2014
- In charge of front desk duties, correspondence management and answering telephone calls
- Greeting clients and introduced them to the location, while guided them to the requested office
- Responsible for updating and managing the database system by maintaining close contact with clients and partners
- Responsible for managing appointments, scheduled and announced appointments and meetings for clients, service providers and third parties
University of Florida, Tampa, FL, 2009
BA in Administrative Leadership
- MS Office, Access, Publisher
- Database, Peachtree
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume 2
1356 Dwight Street, New York, NY 100882
(122) 003 8771
Over 6 years of experience as Administrative Assistance, proven skills related to organizing and creating presentations, planning and managing high-end events, preparing professional monthly reports. Exceptional skills and knowledge of MS Office and expertise as Project Manager. Organized and supported a variety of training workshops and courses for fellow employees.
KOONS&Co. Portland, Oregon
Administrative Assistant May 2011 – Present
- Schedule, organize and manage travel arrangements for supervisors and partners
- Developed and implemented more efficient filing and document organization practices that resulted in savings of over $3,000 yearly
- Create and manage travel budgets according to specific, well-researched expenses in order to reduce costs
- Trained 3 entry-level administrative assistants in order to maintain consistency across practices and front desk services
JOHNSON’S MANAGING Portland, Oregon
Secretary June 2009 – May 2011
- Working with specific administrative documents and maintaining a clear and well-organized working space
- Responsible for dealing with incoming calls, messages, and e-mails in real time, as well as contacting third parties on behalf of the company
- Assisting managers and superiors with daily front desk task such as document filing and recording meeting transcripts
PORTLAND COLLEGE OF ARTS
BA in Contemporary Politics graduated in 2008
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office pack, Database
- Fluency in German and English
- Quick learner, little or no training courses required
Here are two successful free template models of administrative assistant resume examples that you should look at for inspiration. Adapt the structure of the resume to best fit and highlight your skills and don’t forget to include your active, current e-mail address, as well as your phone number. Follow our recommendations and get ahead of the competition to make that dream job come true!
Image Source: 1