Hair Stylist Resume Samples and Tips
If you want to get hired as a hair stylist, you should take into consideration the fact that a thorough, well-structured hair stylist resume can go a long way. A resume is like a business card and it can open a lot of doors and make a good impression. If you want to stand out in the crowd, there are a few tips and tricks that can amp up your hairstylist resume.
The following recommendations apply even if you are a professional hair stylist or a hair stylist assistant. The same rules apply even if the specific area that you’re working on differs a bit. As long as the structure of your hair dresser resume is straight to the point and clear, everything should be just fine.
A professional hair stylist resume has to highlight your abilities in a catchy manner in order to make the employer want to invite you for an interview and consequently hire you. You will find two different hair stylist resume samples that you can work with.
Sample Hair Stylist Resume 1
147 Eagle Lane, Lancaster, Minnesota
(218) 762 4982
Catherine F. Haggard
Professional and highly qualified hair stylist capable of giving both casual and avant-garde hairstyles for all age groups and sexes.
With an experience that spans over 5 years of working as a professional hairstylist, the interactions I had with numerous clients, the certifications I received and the years of practice have polished my abilities to give a wide range of hairstyles and haircuts and to also keep up with the latest hairstyling trends and adapt to such changes with ease. Proven talent in taking into consideration the client’s wishes but also adapting them to best fit the client’s facial features and highlight his or her flattering facial attributes.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Processing client’s requests
- Applying different hairstyling techniques (such as Balayage or Ombre etc.)
- Permanent Waves
- Soft Skills
- Maintaining high standards by using high quality products and offering professional hairstyling services
- Received a certification from California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
Edge Hair Salon, Palo Alto, California
July 2015 – Present
- Welcome clients as they arrive
- Offer the best advice in accordance with the client’s facial features and desires
- Determine the best course of action when it comes to the client’s type of hair and the degree of damage
- Offer the most recommended hair care treatments available on the market
- Cleaning and sterilization of all haircutting and hairstyling equipment
- Provide hair coloring and other hairstyling techniques
Moxie Hair Salon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
May 2013 – July 2015
- Greet clients and offer them all the information they need about the available hairstyling services
- Managed clients’ personal and contact information
- Applied hairstyling techniques depending on the client’s wishes, on the trends and recommendations based on the client’s facial features
- Work closely with the senior hairstylist to learn new hairstyling techniques and tricks
- Provided a wide range of hairstyling services from coloring to different hairstyles and whatnot
Haus Salon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
January 2011- May 2013
- Applied hair extensions based on the client’s needs
- Expertly shaped client’s hair with professional hairstyling equipment
- Provided hair therapy using the best hair products available on the market
- Applied color correction, hair color, bleach & tone, highlights
North Community High School-2009
Certification from California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
Proficiency in online research on various hairstyling topics and techniques, Office Pack
HAIRDRESSER RESUME SAMPLE 2
Luis D Richardson
Address: 4065 Green Hill Road, Phlox, Wisconsin, 54464
Phone: (479)-215 7348
Obtaining a secure position as a hairstylist in a salon where I can apply my abilities and skills to the best of my knowledge while interacting with clients and using soft skills and communication skills to create a pleasant atmosphere and offer the best solutions in accordance with the client’s needs and his or her hair type and facial features.
HAIR STYLIST SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Communication and listening skills
- Hair care specialist
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in greeting and offering high quality hairstyling services to clients
- Meeting the salon’s sales targets by promoting different hair treatments and hair care products
TECHNICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS
- Office Pack (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Handling clients’ needs and wishes
- Keeping up to date with the latest hairstyling techniques and trends
- Hair coloring, hair cutting, permanent waves
- Explaining the recommendations and hairstyling techniques to the clients
- Contributed with ideas on how to make the salon look more welcoming
- Proposed different hairstyles and haircuts to clients in order to flatter their facial features
- Boosted the sales target using different subtle sales pitch by recommending different hair care products
Envy Hair Salon- Texas City, Texas
- Welcomed clients in the salon
- Applied a wide range of hairstyling techniques from up-dos to braids, ballerina buns, the Balayage and Ombre techniques, highlights, hair coloring etc.
- Maintained the work space clean and kept the professional equipment sterilized
- Offered pertinent pieces of advice, suggestions and recommendations to clients based on their skin and hair type and facial features
Aveda Institute, Austin, Texas
Certificate in Cosmetology
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Fluent in Spanish
- Proven ability to adapt to the hairstyling trends
- Motivated to perform at the highest level possible
Tips for The Best Hairdresser Resume
There are two free hair stylist resume templates above that were designed to include all the useful sections related to hairstylist resumes. This also includes hair stylist resume objective, hair stylist resume accomplishments and hair stylist resume skills. Any of the free hair stylist resume templates listed above can turn a simple hair stylist cv into a spectacular one.
Apart from respecting the structure of a hairdressing resume template, you should pay close attention to the format, too. Following the basic rules for writing a stylist resume will make a good impression for any employer that is in search of a professional hair stylist. You will find some extra tips for hairstylist resume examples below.
- List your experience, abilities and skills using bullet points for an easy read
- Adding a cover letter can really make a difference
- Make sure to add your contact details on the front page
- Apply for relevant jobs that match your work experience and skills
The hair stylist resume is the best source of information for your employer. This is why your hair stylist resume template has to be up to date, has to offer accurate information and a brief summary of your qualifications, area of expertise, abilities, and skills. If you follow any of the hairdresser resume examples, you will definitely be called for an interview.