Cosmetology Resume Samples & Tips
The cosmetology field will always be of interest and this means that the competition is going to be tight. In order to stand out in the crowd, you need to have an excellent cosmetology resume to impress your future employer. A great resume will include details about your skills, objectives and other templates that will make employers call you for an interview.
There are some tips and tricks that you need to know in order to have a fantastic cosmetology resume. The field of cosmetology is a complex one and there are many different jobs that belong to this field. The recommendations presented here apply to any cosmetology job be it that of a hairstylist, makeup expert or cosmetologist.
You are encouraged to adapt the cosmetology resume samples and format to personalize your cv and to add different wording in order to match the specific job position that you are applying for.
Cosmetology Resume Sample 1
Anna B. Burns
448 Willis Avenue, Palatka, Florida 32077
(386) 325 7482
Experienced esthetician with over 5 years spent working in the field of cosmetology. Excellent communication skills, highly trained in different cosmetology areas (from beauty to makeup and skin tips and tricks), capable of offering pertinent pieces of advice to clients regarding their facial features and what products and treatments work best for them.
- Trained in billing operations
- Knowledge in chemistry, biology, dermatology (chemical compounds, minerals, vitamins etc.)
- Ability to come up with efficient treatments, remedies and products depending on the client’s needs
- Capacity to multitask (engage in a pleasant dialogue while applying treatment or makeup)
- Time efficient
- Handles stress easily
- Marketing skills
- Financial skills
- Advanced makeup techniques
- Skin treatment capabilities
- An astute sense and knowledge of aesthetics
- Ability to take decisions quickly
- Problem-solving skills
- Using professional equipment
- Ability to research and understand the latest techniques and innovations in the field
- Came up with personalized skin treatments based on naturist as well as medical recommendations
- Managed makeup apprentices and taught them a few tips and tricks of the trade
- Became employee of the month on a regular basis based on clients’ feedback, work performance and innovations brought at work
The main cosmetology resume objective I have in mind is to secure a position as a senior makeup artist in a company or workplace that allows my creativity, knowledge and innovation to flourish and exchange experience and knowledge with other talented individuals working in this field.
Florida Beauty Salon & Nails, Tampa, Florida
- Greet clients and make them feel like home
- Offer beauty advice
- Apply different treatments for different skin types and conditions
- Use the latest trends to flatter clients’ looks
- Supervise newly hired cosmetologists and offer them training
- Boost sales by recommending different professional beauty products
Allure et beaute, Naples, Florida
June 2011-February 2014
Beauty adviser & Cosmetologist
- Kept the workplace clean and equipment sterilized at all times
- Ensured communication with clients
- Applied different treatments in accordance with clients’ needs
- Researched new techniques and kept up to date with the latest beauty news
Boca Beauty Academy, Boca Raton, Florida, 2010
Sample Cosmetology Resume 2
Dwayne V Bishop
Address: 3373 Hott Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73107
Phone: (405) 606 6473
Professional beauty expert and cosmetologist with extensive experience in cosmetology and aesthetics. More than 4 years of experience in the customer service and cosmetology fields. Proven excellent communication skills and decision making abilities.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent cosmetology skills gained in more than 4 years of experience
- Ability to deliver great results under pressure and stress
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly skilled in handling and operating professional equipment and billing systems
- Ability to manage new employees and cosmetologists
- In-depth knowledge of different fields such as biology, chemistry, dermatology, aesthetics
- Social, outgoing person who can easily strike up a conversation and make the client feel welcome
- Capable of remaining calm under different situations
- Able to prioritize and offer solutions to different unpredictable problems that may arise
- Proven ability in handling deadlines and difficult clients
Trichology Salon, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Providing advice and assistance to clients and meeting clients’ needs in a timely fashion
- Keeping the work station clean and the professional equipment sterilized at all times
- Coming up with some amazing, efficient treatment and makeup techniques to flatter clients’ best features and to diminish any existing skin conditions
- Work closely with newly hired staff in order to make sure they accommodate and offer the best solutions to clients
Velvet Monkey Salon, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
June 2012-May 2014
Barber and Cosmetologist
- Provided advice and recommendations for different skin treatments and haircuts for men
- Fulfilled tasks with accuracy and met deadlines
- Kept the work station clean and the professional equipment sterilized
- Kept up to date with the latest beauty and hairstyling trends for men
Elite Beauty College Inc, Enid, Oklahoma, 2011
- Bilingual: fluent in English and French
- Able to operate specific billing systems
Tips for a Successful Cosmetology Resume
It is very important to select a professional cosmetology resume template and work with the structure, highlight your objectives and skills in order to make your cv stand out from the rest of the job applications that employers and companies usually receive.
The samples and templates have to be concise, clear and free of any grammatical errors and typos. Keep in mind the following tips and tricks for the perfect cosmetology resume:
Structure is everything; especially when it comes to a resume. If you follow any of the above mentioned sample resumes, your chances of getting hired improve.
Don’t Skip Sections.
All cosmetology resume sections are mandatory. Try to fill these sections with relevant information.
Highlight Your Best Personality Traits & Skills.
You need to stand out from the crowd and in order to do so you have to highlight your skills and abilities.
To land the job that you want, you have to follow the guidelines we mentioned above. Have a look at our cosmetology resume samples and structure and feel free to write your resume by following our examples and guidance. A well written resume can get you the job position you have always dreamed about; this is why it is so important to follow a formal structure when writing your resume.
Image source: 1.