Machine Operator Resume Samples
Machine Operators are skilled laborers who work within a manufacturing environment. A quality resume for these workers must emphasize the skills expected by potential industrial employers. For many employers, resumes that give detail about an applicant’s skilled history will be more important than resumes which focus on degrees.
Examples of relevant skills that enhance a machine operator’s resume include organizing, working as a team, achieving production goals and maintaining safety standards. The following two resumes provide additional examples on how to structure a Machine Operator resume that will appeal to employers within the manufacturing environment.
Machine Operator Resume Sample 1
613 Liberty Street, Lafayette, Indiana, 98755
Dependable Machine Operator experienced in pallet jack, forklift, and hand cart use. Worked for five years in a warehouse setting while maintaining perfect attendance. Seeking employment in a warehouse performing packaging or forklift driving.
May/2014-June/2017- Barton Industries – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Completed safety inspection prior to machine start-up.
- Drilled holes into oven doors.
- Followed operation standards to maintain quality.
- Worked mandatory and voluntary overtime including twelve hour shifts.
- Wrote quality and production reports.
- Awarded “Quality Award” for detecting defects before shipping to customer.
- Promoted to trainer for new hires within six months of employment.
- Helped adjust operation standards in order to obtain a shorter cycle time.
January/2012-May/2014 – Rogers Enterprises – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Operated forklift and pallet jack to move materials across warehouse.
- Inspected brake parts to make sure they met safety standards.
- Kept machines clean.
- Used screw gun to assemble breaks.
- Learned all stations on the assembly line within six months of hire .
- Wrote and implemented a plan to address safety concern with the operation of one of the machines.
Education and Academic Training
Certification – Conner Wilson Forklift Training Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana, 2014;
Diploma – Kent Wayne High School, Columbus, Ohio, 2012;
Job Related Skills
- Able to consistently meet production goals;
- Maintain a clean work space;
- Capable of working with hand tools, motorized vehicles, and quality tools;
- Provide punctual and accurate work for my employer;
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities;
- Efficient in reading written instructions and following verbal instructions;
- Effective time management skills;
- Calm under pressure while striving to meet production deadlines;
Machine Operator Resume Sample 2
324 Barnes Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 56743
Team-oriented and self-driven machine operator with twelve years’ experience. Takes pride in specializing in high speed production environments and maintaining professionalism and calm during stressful situations. Looking for employment as a Machine Operator in a fast-paced factory or warehouse setting.
January/2010-June/2017- Pine Windows and Doors, Boston, Massachusetts
- Checked machines at start-up to make sure they were within operation standards’ requirements.
- Shut down machines at the end of shift.
- Performed lock-out-tag-out during cleaning and maintenance of machines.
- Worked with quality control team to ensure product met company’s specifications.
- Worked within a team in order to effectively clean the entire machine weekly.
- Volunteered to work holiday hours in order to meet production needs for the customer.
- Wrote training manual for new associates.
- Maintained perfect attendance for entire time of employment.
- Consistently maintained faster than average cycle time.
- Received a letter of thank you from the company president for consistently volunteering to work overtime to meet production needs.
December 2005-January/2010 – Hogan Technologies, Houston, Texas
- Utilized hand tools along with the machines to assemble doors.
- Cleaned hand tools at the end of the shift.
- Operated drill press.
- Trained new production associates on operation of machines.
- Completed training three months early due to work effectiveness.
- Re-wrote safety manual for two of the machines due to improvements I suggested and implemented.
- Worked as a temporary team leader during holiday shut-downs and weekends.
- Regularly received “exceeds expectations” on performance reviews.
Education and Academic Training
Associate of Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology – Reyes Technical College, Houston, Texas, 2006;
30 Hour OHSA Training Course – Reyes Technical College, Houston, Texas, 2005;
GED – George Washington High School, Houston, Texas, 2005;
Job Related Skill
- Proven skill in following technical manuals;
- Experience in environments requiring fast cycle times;
- Have performed all aspects of machine operation, including start up, maintenance and shut down;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
- Ability to operate a forklift;
- Experience in using precision instruments to measure materials;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Above average hand-eye coordination;
- Demonstrated ability to focus on details;
- Capable of reading and speaking both English and Spanish;
- Adept at solving mathematical problems and arriving at analytical solutions;
As these two Machine Operator resumes demonstrate, a skilled labor resume should provide concrete examples of an applicant’s ability to perform the type of labor found within warehouse and factory settings. An employer will view a Machine Operator with experience as one that has already proven they are capable of performing the job which is why it is so important to demonstrate their skills on the resume.