Receptionist Resume Samples and Tips
If you are aiming for a receptionist position, you should be able to present yourself properly with a great receptionist resume. Your resume is the first contact your future employee gets, and it is important to make a great impression. To write a great resume for receptionist, you need to know a few tips and tricks.
First of all, these recommendations apply regardless of the specific area you will be working on. Even if you are trying to write a medical receptionist resume, a dental receptionist resume, or a front desk receptionist resume the same rules apply.
A receptionist is in charge of effectively managing the front office area, which means his or her duties are similar even if he or she works in a dental, medical or veterinary clinic or in a spa. The best receptionist resume should highlight your abilities in an attractive manner, as to convince the employer to invite you for an interview. Below, you have two different receptionist resume sample templates, as well as plenty of useful tips you should take into account.
Sample Receptionist Resume 1
112 Lowland, Portland, Oregon
(211) 959 3994
Professional and highly qualified in attending visitors and efficiently solving requests and answering inquiries.
After 5 years of experience as receptionist working with various companies, my abilities to perform a variety of front desk and administrative tasks became second nature. Proven talent in effectively dealing with complaints and customer inquiries, as well as a demonstrated ability to handle incoming calls in a professional manner. Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal, with a flawless record of solving multiple tasks within set deadlines.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Processing bills
- Managing calendars
- Maintaining the Reception Area
- Excellent Phone Etiquette
- Ordering Supplies
- Greeting and Helping Customers
- Coordinating and Organizing Events
- Managed to reduce company’s spending by 7% annually by creating and implementing a variety of cost effective techniques and strategies.
- Contributed to the increase in customer satisfaction by 25% by closely following and respecting specific customer care and service protocols.
- Improved customer experience by providing reliable and accurate information, while following supervisor’s advice.
- Trained and managed two entry level receptionists who became professional and able to fulfill receptionist resume objective within months.
Monterey Dental Clinic, Portland, Oregon
July 2011 – Present
- Work individually to complete task, but also as part of a team when necessary
- Greet and guide visitors, clients, and employees and offer assistance
- Schedule appointments and manage the manager’s calendar
- Help, guide and assist patients while they are waiting in the front desk area
- Coordinate and manage payments and billings
- Maintain communication through e-mail and phone calls
- Order supplies and check their quality on arrival
- Oversee and coordinate maintenance of the reception area
- Maintain a sanitary and clean space for the reception, as well as designed waiting area
- Answer phone calls and politely manage with all clients and customers
Portlandia Healthcare facility, Portland, Oregon
September 2008 – June 2011
Front Desk Receptionist
- Greet patients and families on arrival
- Register patients, as well as visitors, using specific software
- Scheduled appointments and organized appointment book and calendar
- Registered patient files and documents
- Work closely with other departments to maintain efficiency
- Offer professional guidance and advice to patients
- Offer accurate answers to patient inquiries and concerns
- Explain billing procedures to patients and their families
Public College of Portland, Oregon -2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Customer Services
Proficiency in Office Pack, Internet, email and record tracking software
Receptionist Sample Resume 2
Address: 85 Main Road, Austin, Texas 2881
Phone: (224) 221 5056
Obtaining a secure position as Medical Receptionist within a health care facility where I can effectively apply my skills and abilities while tackling gradually increasing responsibilities.
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 4 years of experience in reception and front desk positions
- Demonstrated skills and abilities to professionally greet clients and patients
- Highly skilled in communication, both online and via phone call
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Direct experience in sorting, selecting and answering mail
- Bilingual: English and French
TECHNICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS
- Office Pack (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Fast typing speed
- Ability to operate copier and fax machines
- Addressing patient concerns
- Explaining procedures and billing practices
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Solving administrative tasks within deadlines
- Ensuring the quality of customer services
- Ability to handle difficult situations
- Maintaining and managing work area
- Contributed to reducing costs by 17% annually by efficiently reorganizing reception area
- Proposed and implemented customer care techniques and strategies that have led to a 30% reduction in client complaints
- Trained and managed a team of three assistant receptionists, offering advice and expertise
Springfield General Hospital – Austin, Texas
Front Desk Receptionist
- Greeted and assisted patients in the waiting area
- Scheduled and organized appointments
- Performed administrative tasks such as record keeping using specific software
- Dealt with patient inquiries, questions, and requests
- Maintained and filed confidential documents and patient records
- Efficiently assisted visitors and family members in the waiting area
Public University of Austin, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Management
Major: Front Desk Management
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Fluent in French and Spanish
- Proven ability to solve tasks under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to new requirements
- Driven and motivated to perform at the highest level
Tips for The Best Resume for Medical Assistant
Above, you saw two free examples of receptionist resumes that were created to include all necessary sections; receptionist resume skills, receptionist job description resume and receptionist duties for resume. It is important to respect and follow one of the included templates in order to how to write your own job application.
Below, you will find a few resume receptionist tips for creating a good receptionist job resume while respecting the format of our example. Remember that the basic rules for writing a front desk receptionist resume presented in this article apply to all receptionist jobs, be it a hair salon front desk or a vet office reception area.
- List your abilities and skills using bullet point for easy reading.
- Add a cover letter in order to enhance your chances of getting the job.
- Include your contact details on the front page, at the beginning or your resume.
- Only apply to jobs that you are qualified for, within an industry, you would like to work in.
The receptionist resume is the main source of information for your employer. Make sure your future employer gets to read a document that represents a brief, but accurate summary of your qualifications, experience, and skills. Respect the receptionist resume examples provided, as they are proven to be effective. Make sure you respect the rules, and you will certainly be called for the interview!