Cashier Resume Samples and Tips
In order to impress your future employer, you need a perfect cashier resume. As this field is usually filled by people who wish to become cashiers, a successful candidate has to provide a resume for cashier position that will stand out from the crowd.
If you simply offer a long list of meaningless information, no employer or HR manager will be interested in calling you for an interview. To ensure that your cashier resume is competitive you must include a few mandatory sections such as cashier resume skills and duties, cashier job description resume and cashier responsibilities resume.
We recommend looking through the two examples of resume we have created and identify the best template that fits best with your experience and objectives. As a cashier, you need to have a set of skills that are mostly related to working with people and being able to quickly solve issues and requests.
In order to help you create and write the best resume cashier, we have also included a section dedicated to useful tips you should follow. Remember that it is important to look at the recommendations, but you should also adapt the format and wording to the specific position you are applying for.
Cashier Resume Sample 1
913, East Side, Louisville, Kentucky 20203
Experienced professional with over 3 years of both customer service and cashiering. Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team, as well as individually and highly-trained in cash register operation and management, effectively conduction and overseeing transactions.
- Experienced with register balancing
- In-depth knowledge of ISO standards and practices
- Able to identify and avoid fraudulent returns, unauthorized discounting and other illegal practices
- Able to remain time-efficient even in stressful situations
- Operating POS Register
- Preventing loss
- Experienced in customer service
- Able to make decisions quickly
- Experienced with UPC and price tagging
- Able to handle paperwork
- Responsibly maintaining and handling equipment
- Became employee of the month after only 5 months on the job, as a result of being a quick learner and a determined individual
- Managed to effectively satisfy clients’ requests in a timely manner, contributing to the decrease in customer’s complaints by 27%
- Contributed to the implementation of loss prevention and loss avoiding techniques which resulted in savings of over $25000 every year
The main cashier resume objective I aim for is to secure a position as cashier that offers the perspective of career development towards becoming a team leader or head cashier. Would prefer to work in a retail store, but remain open to the fast food industry as well.
Walmart, Louisville, Kentucky
March 2013 – Present
- Oversee transactions both in cash and via POS
- Manage to maintain order and effectiveness during busy times of day
- Ensure that daily tasks are completed at the moment of closing
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with difficult clients
- Ensure availability of cash at all times
McDonalds Restaurant, Louisville, Kentucky
January 2012 – March 2013
- Responsible for front end activities
- Received, assessed and processed cash transactions
- Able to correctly interpret the UPS on products to confirm prices
- Offered guidance to clients regarding all available payment options
Public College, Louisville, Kentucky, 2011
Accounting & Finance
Sample Cashier Resume 2
Address: 23 State Road, Charleston, West Virginia 0822
Phone: (662) 273 2299
Highly skilled professional with extensive experience in the field of customer service and cashiering. Over 5 years of experience with front end duties and responsibilities, proven excellent communication skills and great pro-active attitude.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent demonstrated communication skills gained in over 5 years of activity
- Ability to deliver great results even under stressful situations
- Proven skills in dealing with difficult or potentially dangerous clients
- Highly-skilled in operating specific equipment and software
- Able to oversee and manage transactions in a timely manner
- Proven ability to balance transactions, such as credit cards, currency or checks
- In-depth knowledge of product location
- Meticulous and accurate, with a great degree of attention to details
- Able to maintain a friendly and polite attitude at all times
- Capable of remaining calm and professional under stressful situations
- Able to prioritize and deliver best results
- In-depth knowledge of operating and maintaining cash registers
- Proven ability to deliver and complete tasks on time
Tony’s Grocery Store, Charleston, West Virginia
April 2014 – Present
- Providing advice and assistance to customers with regards to prices and products
- Overseeing transactions using cash, credit cards or checks
- Maintaining a well-organized, clean and safe work station
- Dealing with clients professionally and with responsibility
- Helping other cashiers with their duties if need be
- Explaining pricing and payment details to the clients of the supermarket
Shell Gas Station, Charleston, West Virginia
June 2012 – February 2014
- Fulfill front end tasks in a professional manner
- Maintain a friendly attitude throughout the day
- Offer guidance to customers in regards to products and prices
- Process transactions via POS or cash
- Identify potentially fraudulent attempts and alert the specialized staff
- Work closely and effectively with other staff members to ensure high-quality of services
- Fulfill tasks with accuracy and efficiency during busy times of day
The Christian College of Louisville, Kentucky, 2011
Financing and Accounting
- Bilingual; fluent in English and Spanish
- Able to operate specific cashiering software
Tips for a Successful Cashier Resume
As you have seen in our cashier resume examples, it is important to provide all the necessary information about yourself in an attractive manner. To manage to create a successful cashier sample resume, be it a restaurant cashier resume, a grocery store cashier resume, a retail cashier resume or a fast food cashier resume), you need to respect a series of tips.
Below we have presented the most important things to keep in mind when creating your own resume for cashier job.
- Attractive format.
Make sure you put all the relevant information in an attractive format. Use bullet points, highlighted and capitalized words to maintain an easy-to-read, appealing format. Go back to our resume samples and use them as an inspiration for your own cashier resume.
- Mandatory sections.
Successful resumes always include all the mandatory sections, such as cashier job description for resume, cashier duties resume and cashier skills resume. Do not forget to also include your contact details at the top of the page where your employer can easily find them
- Personality strong points.
To make sure that your employer will select your resume from the pile he or she has on their desk, do your best to present your personality strong points. Talk about your achievements and objectives, adapting the cashier resume format to your own character and personality.
To land the job you want, you need to follow our step-by-step guide. Look back on our example resumes and create your own version. Be careful to include all mandatory sections and to provide an overview of what you can do. This way, your cashier resume will certainly result in a much-awaited phone call and interview invitation.
Photo Source: 1