Waiter Resume Samples
A position as a waiter requires enthusiasm, a friendly attitude, and an enjoyment for interacting with people in a fast-paced environment. Readers will find two waiter resume examples below describing the skills and experience required to be a waiter.
The waiter resume examples describe the work experience of a waiter and highlight his/her accomplishments. The reader will also find the waiter’s educational accomplishments in the examples below.
Waiter Resume Sample 1
1131 Sherwood Street, Lakeland, Florida, 34292
Energetic waiter with extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry. Independent, organized and reliable with 11+ years in Fine Dining. Detail-oriented and eager to learn new skills. Enjoys a dynamic work environment. Excellent customer service skills. Strong time management skills with a strong ability to adapt to any situation. Seeking a position in an upscale restaurant where I can provide guests with impeccable service and assist with culinary choices.
2/2006 – 6/2012 – Taylor’s Chophouse, Lakeland, Florida
- Greet guests in a timely manner, and provide wine list and inform them of specials that are not listed on the menu.
- Providing customers with descriptions of menu items, including ingredients and method of preparation.
- Making suggestions based on personal preferences.
- Manage service requests.
- Efficiently cleared table after each course.
- Made suggestions on dessert and after-dinner drinks.
- Presented guests with their check when the meal was complete.
- Awarded “Server of the Month” on three separate occasions.
- Constantly received positive customer reviews.
7/2012 – 7/2017 – Boathouse Grille, Orlando, Florida
- Greeted guests and inquired if they had a reservation.
- Showed them to an appropriate table and handed out menus.
- Offered a wine list, informed them of specials not listed on the menu, and asked if
there were any questions.
- Suggested and took orders for food items and made suggestions for beverage pairings.
- Delivered food and did a two-minute check back to ensure it was prepared to the guests’
- Cleared the table after each course, distributed dessert menus, and made suggestions for after dinner drinks.
- Presented guests with the check when the meal was complete.
- Promotion to head server after 6 months of employment.
- Helped increase restaurant revenue by 20% through suggestive selling.
Education and Academic Training
Lakeland Area High School – 2000-2004
Lakeland Community College – 2004-2006
Job Related Skills:
- Excellent customer service;
- Strong knowledge of food pairings;
- Extensive knowledge of wine, wine pairings, and specialty drinks;
- Serving etiquette;
- Attentive service;
- Timely order delivery;
- Strong work ethic;
- Communication skills;
- Problem solving;
- Ability to handle pressure;
- Ability to multitask;
Waiter Resume Sample 2
157 Keswick Avenue, Winter Haven, Florida, 34414
Experienced server with 15+ years of experience. Provides top quality service and maintains a professional attitude at all times. Thorough understanding of the restaurant industry. Highly skilled in service promotion. Excellent communication and listening skills. Extremely courteous, providing a high-quality dining experience. Seeking a position in a Fine Dining establishment that will utilize my skills and experience.
* 1/2002 – 1/2010 – Antonio’s Restaurant, Venice, Florida, 34292
- Greeted guests in a timely manner, offering menus and suggesting drinks.
- Described menu items, asked about guests preference, and make suggestions
- Promptly deliver dishes to ensure proper temperature upon eating.
- Checked back with guests shortly after delivering meals to make sure all items were
prepared to the guests liking.
- Cleared each course promptly and completely, and provided utensils and dishes
needed for next course.
- Described dessert items, made suggestions, and delivered desserts and after-dinner
- Delivered guest check in a timely manner.
- Boosted sales through excellent service.
- Maintained guest satisfaction.
2/2010 – 6/2017 – Sorrento’s Fine Dining Italian Restaurant, Leesburg, Florida,
- Greet guests and provide information regarding daily specials.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests.
- Provide clearly written orders to kitchen staff and bar staff.
- Correctly and quickly deliver orders.
- Periodically check back with tables to ensure they have all items needed.
- Suggest dessert.
- Deliver check promptly.
- Maintain cleanliness of station throughout the shift.
- Received positive guest feedback regarding excellent service provided.
- Received numerous awards for outstanding service.
- Name positively mentioned in a newspaper review of the restaurant.
- Maintained the restaurant’s Facebook page.
Education and Academic Training
Leesburg Regional High School 1997-2001
Job Related Skills:
- Professional attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to maintain many tables simultaneously;
- Strong memorization skills;
- Clean and organized;
- Team player;
- Decision making;
- Time management;
- Conflict resolution;
Click below to download your free sample of Waiter resume
A good waiter resume highlights job-related skills, as well as achievements of the candidate. A waiter resume should show experience in the field and a knowledge of food preparation and bar items. It should indicate strong customer service skills and show that the candidate has enthusiasm for working in the the restaurant industry. A waiter resume needs to indicate that the candidate is willing to work in a fast paced environment and be able to think quickly and act accordingly. You can see more tips and examples in our Server resume samples. Readers of this article are invited to share their own experience on writing a waiter resume.