Bartender Resume Samples and Tips
Bartending is a job that many people want to attempt, but in order to maximize your chances, you need a great bartender resume. A combination of relevant experience and bartender resume skills is the key to creating a memorable bartender resume.
A proper, well-written bartending resume should include a brief bartender job description resume, as well as a personal bartender resume objective. If you want to increase your chances of getting an interview invitation, you should take the time to include a good cover letter.
Look at the free sample bartender resume examples included in our article, and you will learn how to write your own following a simple format. For the best results, remember that there is no need to include useless information that will make your employer reach for the next bartender resume. The rules and tips included in our template samples apply to all levels of experience, from entry level to professional and experienced bartenders.
Before attempting to get started with your own bartender resume sample, carefully read through our example of effective resumes. This way you will have more chances of landing the job you want, by impressing the head manager from the start.
Bartender Resume Template 1
Address: 2110 Southern Road, Los Angeles, California 11294
Phone: (003) 112-7785
Motivated individual with over 4 years’ experience as Server/Bartender working in a variety of locations. Skilled in serving both food and beverages, and also mixing and serving cocktails using professional techniques. An active and determined individual with the ability to anticipate and satisfy clients’ needs. Experienced with managing payment both in cash and credit card transaction.
- Outstanding communication skills and customer care abilities
- Professional with mixing cocktails, as well as liquors
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with a diverse group of people
- Ability to take initiative and fulfill tasks independently
- Quick learner who doesn’t require extensive training
- Great team player
Sunset Restaurant & Bistro – Los Angeles, California
- Welcome customers and show them to their table or seats
- Take orders and pass them on to the cooking team
- Deliver drink and food items as requested
- Ensure highest quality of every product delivered
- Prepare and serve drinks as instructed
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station
- Clear tables and clean up after the clients have left
- Fulfill responsibilities even in stressful situations
Majestique Hotel, Los Angeles, California
- Provide high-quality service for guests
- Work closely with the waitress team in order to deliver quality products
- Prepare stations and bar area for operation
- Maintain a clean and well-organized service station and dining room
- Manage storage areas and prepare all necessary items beforehand
- Keep and maintain a high-standard presentation of the bar
High School Diploma – Public Wallis High School, Los Angeles, California -2009
- Active Food Handlers Card
- Active OLCC Servers Permit
Resume Bartender Example 2
342 Elmwood Road, San Diego, California 21139
(033) 222- 1182
OVERVIEW: 5+ years of experience in providing time-efficient serving services, while accurately describing menu items. Taking and delivering orders, as well as mixing drinks in a skilled manner. Ability to handle cash and other financial transactions correctly and hands-on experience at mixing and serving complicated cocktails and drinks.
- Skilled at operating a cost-effective bar by maintaining correct stock levels of both condiments and beverages
- Competent in accurately taking orders and delivering them on time, without any mistakes
- Focused on ensuring that customers appreciate the experience and feel satisfied
- Food and Beverage
- Mixing Cocktails
- Preparing and serving drinks
- Creativity in improving drinks recipes
- Developing the menu
- High-Standard food hygiene and preparation
- Easy-going in a diverse team
- Able to deal with difficult clients
- Proactive attitude
Home Keep Inn, San Diego, California
August 2012- Present
- Greet guests as they arrive and offer them beverage and food menus
- Assist guests and answer questions related to menu items
- Take food and beverage orders and offer a delivery time
- Communicate with the kitchen staff in order to ensure a quick delivery
- Prepare and mix beverages and them serve them accordingly
- Skillfully create alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks using liquor, soda, water and bitters
- Stock the bar with drinks and make sure that necessary supplies are always available
- Prepare and serve appetizers to guests
- Deal with billing and take payments in cash or via credit card
- Increased customer satisfaction by 25% by offering high-quality services as bartender
- Reduced costs by implemented an efficient inventory system that eliminated waste
- Diffused difficult situations between clients by using interpersonal skills
- Trained to beginner servers to offer quality services and professionally fulfill duties
Mary’s Bar, San Diego, California
March 2010 – June 2012
- Greeting customers and showing them to their tables
- Offered menus and suggestions in relation to menu items
- Delivered orders to the kitchen staff ensuring everything is prepared on time
- Delivered orders to customers in a professional manner
- Cleared tables and dishes after the customers have left
- Maintained a clean and sanitary workspace
- Worked closely with the custodial staff to maintain order and cleanliness in the restaurant and bar
San Diego High School, San Diego, California -2009
High School Diploma
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Tips for The Best Resume for Bartender
Your main objective when writing your server bartender resume is to present yourself and a summary of your skills in a pleasant manner. Do not neglect the required templates and follow the provided example in order to make the best possible impression with your resume. Below, you will find a few tips on how to create the best bartender resume job description and bartender duties in order to get the job.
- Create an appealing format by using bullet points, lists, and highlighted words when necessary.
- Avoid including useless information as it will decrease your chances of getting invited to the interview.
- Highlight your achievement with clear fonts and don’t forget to include your objective for the future to show your determination and hard-working nature.
- Always ensure that all your contact details are accurate and clearly visible. Lack of contact information is the main reason candidate don’t get called back for the interview.
As you have observed in our two bartender resumes included in this article, it is vital to present all your achievements and experience in a clear fashion. Make sure you create a document that is both easy and pleasant to read, so your employer will be willing to spend time on it. Try to personalize your bartender resume and make sure you include information that showcases your character and personality, as well as your skills.
Photo Source: 1